About 4 years ago I met Harper's friend, Jon Ruth
. Then, about 4 months ago, Jon tagged me in a "7 things" blog
. See, there was this thing going around where you write 7 interesting things about yourself, tag 7 other bloggers - then they have to do the same. I kept meaning to fulfill my duty to write my "7 things" blog, but I just kept forgetting and putting it off. So hopefully everyone's forgotten about this trend and I can bring it back to life, haha.
I was pretty surprised to be tagged by Jon. Even though Jon has never really told me a story, Harper has told me lots of Jon's stories. He's a pretty amazing dude - with some pretty amazing stories. So it was cool that he tagged me.
That said, here it goes...
1. I do everything fast. Seriously, everything. I eat, drink, drive, walk, and slam Mountain Dewskis like there is no tomorrow. I think it's awesome; it drives my wife crazy. I'm pretty sure I get this from my dad, who probably got it from my grandma, haha.
2. I listen to the Insane Clown Posse and other horrorcore rap music. Hate it if you want, but I probably also listen to all the music you do. Horror music is a great outlet for me; it's obscene, offensive, and overall an excellent break from normality - just like a typical horror flick. Combined with the humor that ICP throws into the mix, it's audio therapy for me.
3. I try not to ever sign credit card receipts correctly. Usually I just write words within the context of the event - tacos, fooooood, balls and weiners, bleepbleepblopblohp, etc. Sometimes I also just draw pretty pictures - like a penis. I find it hilarious, and hope that someone else along the way gets a laugh out of my receipt.
4. I once held 5 jobs at the same time. I stayed on campus one summer during college and really had nothing better to do - so I just worked a lot. I was the Cornell College Web Team manager, Subway sandwich artist, Pizza Palace delivery boy, Web Developer for Market Street Technologies, and captain of the Soap Shoes team. Add in freelance work for Broox Productions and I guess you could say that I had 6 concurrent jobs. It was awesome. I now have 1 job.
5. I recently won my first grammy. It's a long story. Basically, I took a photo that wound up being a major part of Metallica's latest CD cover art. A couple months later, that same booklet won a grammy for Best Recording Package. The best part is - I got nothing out of the deal. No money, no goods, and even worse, my buddy Harper got the credit for my photo, haha.
6. I can't really drive a manual transmission car. It's pretty embarrassing, I know - but I've never really had a good opportunity to learn. I can literally count the times I've driven a stick-shift car on 1 hand. The first time was with an old gf's parents' Mustang. And yeah, my gf could drive a stick better than I could... The second time was as a sober driver for Josh, Jeff, and Tom. Josh called me from downtown Mt Vernon needing a ride, so I walked to the bar and attempted to drive home with all 3 yelling at me. Josh was in the front seat telling me the correct things to do, Tom was telling me everything wrong to do, and Jeff was, of course, just screaming. I'm pretty sure one of those drunk fools could've driven better than I did.
7. I didn't start drinking until a couple months before my 21st birthday. It seems pretty unheard of, but it's true. I went my entire high school career and nearly 2 years of college without ever having a drink. Then, my lame-o H.S. girlfriend and I broke up and I basically cut loose. I then spent the next year or so with Josh, Jeff, and Tom walking home from the bar.
So there it is - 7 (hopefully) interesting things about me.
And now these fellow bloggers have to do the same.
- cause you last blogged one year ago - and I know you've got some gold.
- cause you're my sister and will probably have some awesome things to say.
- because I love you so much I hate you.
- cause you last blogged in 2007. wtf.
- because I've heard some amazing things during all those nights you've been our hotel roommate.
- I'm sure you've got some good stuff to share.
- cause you're awesome, and I still don't know you as well as I probably should, haha.