The year that I…
- brought in at Chicago house parties with Kari, Drea, and friends.
- mostly spent living in Chicago, apart from visiting my wife and working my ass off.
- learned to scratch records (sort of).
- watched my uncle get inducted into the Iowa Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- met the President of the United States.
- watched Kari learn that the biopsied lymphnodes in her neck were not cancerous.
- spent Saint Patrick's Day with friends on the green Chicago River.
- learned to make umeboshi onigiri.
- attended a good friend's lesbian wedding at a dude ranch.
- visited Minnesota, Washington DC, Arizona, Indiana, Marion, Des Moines, and Lake Okoboji.
- watched a Chicago Cubs game from a rooftop.
- went to the Chicago Blues Fest, 80/35, and Lollapalooza.
- saw the Lichtenstein exhibit at the Art Museum of Chicago.
- saw Refused and Boyz II Men.
- watched an orchestra perform at Millennium Park.
- got burnt out.
- re-elected the President of the United States.
- hugged the President of the United States.
- moved back into my home with my wife and Garth Brooks.
- began purging useless junk.
- made my first video in over 2 years.
- brought to a close by running around Des Moines with Kari and our buddy Lindsey.
It was the year that I learned and grew more than ever - personally, professionally, and in my relationship with Kari.
It's a year that I will most definitely never forget.
2013 will be the year that I am hoping to...
- continue the trend of growth and living healthier.
- get in over my head again.
- figure out the next big thing.
- build that next big thing with a team of friends.
- spend more time with friends and family.
- travel more.
That's all going to be kicked off this Thursday when I begin making my way to a cabin in Tahoe for some distraction free planning with a few buddies.